Tuesday, June 19, 2007

H€adlines & D€adlines

Email Is The Queen's Crowning Glory

Pointing out stories you may have missed: The Queen has her own email account - but she does not actually type her emails herself. She dictates them. The 81-year-old monarch, who also has a mobile phone and an iPod mini, revealed her email address at a recent Buckingham Palace garden party. At the end of a conversation with Elizabeth Saltzman, editor of Vanity Fair, the journalist said: ``We must keep in touch''. What followed was rather unexpected. ``Absolutely,'' agreed the Queen. "Here, let me give you my email address.'' Saltzman, stunned, replied, "Good lord, you use email?" The Queen did not miss a beat. "Oh yes," she continued, "but I don't actually write them - I dictate them all, of course."

News source: Telegraph.co.uk.

FOOTNOTE: Click the link above to The Telegraph and you’ll see an intriguing pointer that says, ``Send Her Majesty an email by leaving a comment here. When Spy finds out the Queen's email address, we'll forward your message to her.’’

8 comments:

Victorya said...

This is just the cutest story I've read today. I can just imagine the queen, in her Royal English, telling someone to e-mail her.

Thanks!

Vic

B.T.Bear (esq.) said...

I think I'll send her my url.

Brian in Oxford said...

I'd have thought the Queen could type 60-70 words per minute. Weren't the royals all taught business courses on the way up? :)

david mcmahon said...

Hi Victorya,

Thank you for droppong by and taking the trouble to leave a comment. Really appreciate it.

I guess an email from the Queen would begin: ``One is pleased ...''

Hope to see you back on this blog soon.

Cheers

David

david mcmahon said...

Hi BTBear,

Nope, she already has your url saved on her computer.

You're up for the next garden party, I've heard!

Cheers

David

david mcmahon said...

Hi Brian,

Here's a bit of royal trivia - the Queen actually learnt the basic art of motor mechanics during WWII.

There are some great pictures of her in overalls, too.

Cheers

David

Shrink Wrapped Scream said...

Ah, BT has beaten me to it! It's a lovely image, isn't it? Queenie sitting checking her e-mails..

david mcmahon said...

Hi Carol,

Yes, I can picture it. Now we just need to photograph Her Majesty checking her hotmail account!

Cheers

David