Thursday, June 14, 2007

Profit And Gloss Statement

This Must be Charlie's Sheen

Photograph copyright: DAVID McMAHON


I was on my way down Waverley Road this afternoon when I noticed this tree. It didn't have many leaves on it, but the few that graced the branches just had this incredible colour. They looked as if they were made of some light metal that had somehow corroded. When I walked across the road to the tree, I also noticed that many of the leaves had a high-gloss surface, as you can see by the sheen on their surface (no, the image isn't digitally enhanced!).

The icy blue sky made a great backdrop in terms of sheer contrast. And when I say icy, I mean icy. How cold was it today? Not very, according to the mercury, which stood at about 11 Celsius for the day's top. But a colleague who skied in Canada in 20 below reckons he felt colder today. And he's a Kiwi. He would know, mate.

3 comments:

*Goddess* said...

That picture is gorgeous, David. I'm amazed at how you and Carol take such beautiful photographs of things we see every day, like her shells and your brown eggs!

david mcmahon said...

Hi Goddess,

Once again, thank you. This was just a lucky shot, because the light was just right - and the sheen on the leaves was incredible.

As for the brown eggs - everything was just right for that photograph.

The trcik is to have a camera handy, all the time!

Cheers

David

Deborah Gamble said...

He's a Kiwi? Translation please....