Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Raining Champion

At Last, The Dams Are Beginning To Fill Up

Photographs copyright: DAVID McMAHON


What better way to give you a Melbourne weather update than to give it to you visually? I took this shot around lunchtime today, as raindrops chased each other down windows and glass doorways. We've had rain all day and with it, gusting wind as well. The Mount Dandenong Tourist Road is closed, because of fallen trees and power lines, and at least one of the coastal roads is flooded as well.

8 comments:

Sam said...

now dat sounds like soem real heavy rain!! ah!! dat makes me want to go out in the rain!! :)

Cuckoo said...

Ahaa ! It is raining heavily here too!! And in spite of those hindrances, I love rains. :)

Deborah Gamble said...

Sounds like a day to sit home curled up with a book in front of the fire.

~**Dawn**~ said...

I find these photos completely relaxing. =)

david mcmahon said...

Hi Sam,

It's been constant rain, rather than torrential rain like we used to get in Bombay or the Western Ghats.

Cheers

David

david mcmahon said...

Hi Cuckoo,

When I was in primary school in Calcutta, I used to be delighted when it rained heavily, because if it was flooded we could not get to school!

Cheers

David

david mcmahon said...

Hi Debbie,

Exactly. With someone passing around cheese and dips and wine. That's what I'll do next time!

Cheers

David

david mcmahon said...

Thank you, Dawn,

I was thinking the same thing when I took the pictures. I was hoping to get a shot of a raindrop actually streaking across the glass, but I didn't have too much time to wait.

Cheers

David