Friday, July 21, 2006

`Vegemite Vindaloo' - more feedback

``I drool with unabashed envy at your literary accomplishments.''
Peter Moss, MBE,
Hong Kong-based author of `The Singing Tree’

``My word, you are getting good PR. How are sales going?''
Mike Bruce, Mexico

``I am reading your book very thoroughly and finding it interesting. Billy Cooper, Mrs. Ghosh, Ismail and other characters are coming alive in my mind.''
Satyapriya Sarker, New Delhi

``You are definitely one of earth's gifted and talented!''
Jayne Herbert, Perth, Western Australia (a kindergarten classmate)

``David McMahon’s Fr. Dennis Taylor could easily be Kim’s Tibetan lama (Teshoo) .''
Ed Haliburn, Essex, UK

``I parted company with a friend a couple of weeks ago. Actually, several friends. Harry and Kelvin whom I met only briefly, Frank and Wally, a knockabout double act that also didn't tarry long, and there was Steve and Hilary and their sons Clive and Azam with whom I developed a long-lasting relationship. The sense of loss was almost tangible.

``The reason we went our separate ways was that I finally, reluctantly, closed the back cover of the book `Vegemite Vindaloo’ by David McMahon, but not before I returned to page one to speed-read the first chapter. I just had to make sure that I had correctly assimilated precisely how and where and with whom I had started this memorable journey . . .''

Internet review by Terry Fletcher,
webmaster, The Anglo-Indian Portal
To read the full review, just click on this link Anglo-Indian Portal

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.