Thursday, September 14, 2006

Low And Behold

Looks Like Trouble At The Branch Office
Photo copyright: DAVID McMAHON

Some things were never meant to mix, right? So what do you do when high trucks are expected to share a street with low branches? No, this is not a trick photograph. These two signs are literally placed a few metres apart on Dandenong Road, Melbourne. But the interesting thing is, they are roughly at an angle of ninety degrees from one another. Like a cartoon character, I had to do a double-take when I realised the incongruity of the signage. After I'd parked the car and got my camera out, I realised it wasn't a simple shot to take. In order to get both signs in the frame, I had to take the shot from the middle of the pedestrian crossing. Because it's a very quick-changing light, I just about had time to shoot this frame - while I walked!

No comments: