Monday, September 25, 2006

The Rhinestone Choirboys

For `King' And Country


Photograph copyright: DAVID McMAHON
These two blokes were as bold as - well, as bold as brass, if you like - at the Melbourne Show yesterday evening. I spotted them a few seconds before they moved on, but I just had time to shoot one frame before they left.
To my left was another photographer, obviously a professional, judging by his gear. I didn't recognise him, but judging by the picture in the `Herald Sun' this morning, the photographer was Gary Richardson. His picture was a vertical frame, whereas I went for the horizontal shot.
I didn't have time to ask the two Elvis impersonators who they were. But the newspaper caption identifies them as Luke and Greg, better known as Viva Las Elvis. Apart from the jumpsuits, wigs and sunglasses, these two even sported outsized rings on their fingers and replica precious stones on their impossibly wide belts.
If you want to invite them around for a traditional Aussie barbecue, just remember: they love meat tender.

No comments: