Saturday, December 04, 2010

Welcome to the new millennium

Photograph copyright: DAVID McMAHON (Image ID: Malaysia2010-4249)


Sometimes the most minor factors can lead you to an unusual composition. In Kuala Lumpur in January this year, we had walked past the Grand Millennium Hotel three or four times, but suddenly the hotel facade took on a whole new look late one afternoon.

The reflection on the glass exterior took on a golden hue in some parts, but the presence of a small cloud directly above the hotel drew me to shoot a tight frame, emphasising the triangle created by the blue sky above the hotel. I guess it all depends on what you "see" ...

5 comments:

rashid said...

The reflection on the glass exterior took on a golden hue in some parts, but the presence of a small cloud directly above the hotel drew me to shoot a tight frame. but I like it so much This is very good side Thanks MA 03327043387

Daryl said...

It reminds me of the TimeWarner building (which rises into two glass towers) here in Columbus Circle, there are angles where it seems to be wafer thin and other times it almost disappears in the clouds its reflecting.

Shrinky said...

That cloud almost looks like a puff of smoke from the "chimney" of the (what I assume to be) elevator. A lovely quirky pic, David.

Kathleen said...

How amazing, David.

Anonymous said...

I love this shot! I just got a new camera and am learning to use it. So far I'm just having fun, hoping for lessons in the spring. Thanks for sharing your art!