Sunday, December 03, 2006

That's No Rooster, That's Bertie Wooster

If At First You Don't Succeed, Tri, Tri Again

Photographs copyright: DAVID McMAHON


These shots were taken in Calcutta, at an amazing workplace. Trisys Communications is headed by an old friend and former colleague of mine, Mudar Patherya, one of the most effervescent blokes I've ever known. Later on, I'll share the story of how, in the early Eighties, he wrote a letter and addressed it to ``Sir Donald Bradman, Australia'' - and received a handwritten reply from the most famous cricketer of all time. More of that story later on, but the first of these shots shows the sign at the front of his Trisys office, before you walk up the stairs with Mudar's collection of historic Calcutta memorabilia. And the second shot shows a feature wall in the office, with quotations from P. G. Wodehouse. So different, so unique, so creative.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Reminds me of an aged barrister in Calcutta who wrote to GB Shaw asking how he makes his coffee... Shaw replied!
Mathures

david mcmahon said...

Dear Mathures,
I'm fascinated. Tell me more and I'll post your story here on my blog. Sounds like a great yarn to me.
Cheers
David