Friday, November 10, 2006

And In Fourth Spot We Have ....

`Vegemite Vindaloo' On Another Bestseller List

Okay, permit me a moment of pride here. My debut fiction novel, Vegemite Vindaloo, published by Penguin India, has been included on yet another bestseller list. Some weeks ago it was on The Telegraph's list at No.5, in the company of Robin Cook and Frederick Forsyth. But this week, it's at No.4 according to The Statesman. I've taken the liberty of reproducing the list here.

1. The Inheritance Of Loss: A Novel- Kiran Desai
2. Cat O’Nine Tales- Jeffrey Archer
3. The Hungry Tide - Amitav Ghosh
4. Vegemite Vindaloo - David McMahon
5. The Afghan - Fredrick Forsyth

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very impressive. Congratulations!
-Sandip Madan (NP 1970)

david mcmahon said...

Thanks Sandip,
The really interesting part is that I've always been a fan of Frederick Forsyth's novels!
Cheers
David

Anonymous said...

So have I. That's what makes it even more impressive. :-)
-Sandip

Anonymous said...

Hi David,

Got your book! Very impressed with the number four showing, I have the Kiran Desai book and have read Amitav Ghosh's. I love Frederick Forsyth's novels too, so does my father..!

In Bangkok for a week...

cheers,
Cecilia

david mcmahon said...

Hi Cecilia,
Hope you had a good time in Delhi. Hopefully you will have time to catch up with Nirmal in Bangkok. If you do, say hi from me.
Haven't read Kiran Desai's book yet, but will do so.
Let me know what you think of `Vegemite Vindaloo' when you finish it. Critical comments welcome!
Cheers
David

Anonymous said...

Hi David,
On behlf of that amazing class of '72 - congratulations! We are proud of you and we look forward to your further literary & artistic sucesses! Fr Tucker must be smiling from ear to ear!
Cheers,
Billy

david mcmahon said...

My dear Billy,
Your first sentence is the key - it was an amazing class. Thank you for your generous praise, but I was just one member of a historic year. Fr Tucker was a mentor to us all in many ways - which is why he is mentioned by name in the acknowledgements section of Vegemite Vindaloo. We were so lucky.
Cheers
David

Capricandy said...

Hey I'm still half way through it lol. The best-sellers list - how impressive is that??? Well done David sahib - I salute you.
-Hugs & stuff
Your chief bridesmaid
xx Judy xx

Capricandy said...

Hey I'm still half way through it lol. The best-sellers list - how impressive is that??? Well done David sahib - I salute you.
-Hugs & stuff
Your chief bridesmaid
xx Judy xx