Monday, November 06, 2006

Costume Drama

This Situation Is Really Grave

Photographs copyright: CECILIA MERCADO


These Halloween photographs were sent to me by Montreal-based photographer and writer Cecilia Mercado, who has a great blog at Dance With The Sun. I'll let her tell the story in her own words:

``It was a cold evening, but kids were out in full force in their costumes, well wrapped up to protect against the drizzle. It was quite fun to be out in the streets, this being our very first Halloween. My 16-year-old daughter Kara was dressed up in her jester's costume. No, she did not go trick or treating, she was just being a good chaperone to her determinbed mother who really wanted to take pictures of the decorations!

``We heard that somewhere further up where the more well-off Montrealers live, people spent thousands of dollars putting up decorations complete with light and sound in front of their houses. A friend of mine who has twin daughters aged eight told me this morning that the girls were very scared of some of the decorations and did not even want to go near these houses. What a pity I did not get to see these!

``I quite enjoyed the picture of the witch with her broom. She looked like she was flying blind, and had actually hit the tree!''

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi David,

Quite simply... thank you.

cheers,
Cecilia

david mcmahon said...

Dear Cecilia,
My pleasure. I liked the pictures, so I posted them. Simple as that. Maybe you can send me some pictures from Delhi as well.
Warm regards
David