Saturday, May 12, 2007

Haze Tack

Grey Sky To My Right; Blue Sky To My Left

Photographs copyright: DAVID McMAHON


Today was one of the classic late-autumn mornings. Early haze, with the sun struggling to emerge from low shroud. But Melbourne being Melbourne, you can have haze and grey sky on one side - and flawless, clear blue sky on the other. These two shots, taken about 90 minutes ago, give you an idea of the unique weather patterns to which we are so accustomed. The two frames were shot six minutes apart - and when I took the second shot, I was only 25 metres away from where I took the first.

4 comments:

Shrink Wrapped Scream said...

Ah, I envy you those blue skies..

david mcmahon said...

Hi Carol,

That's Australia - a sensational country, a photographer's dream.

Take care

David

Unknown said...

We've had fog all day so far here near Brisbane. That, of course, gives great opportunities for photos!

David
davids-pics.blogspot.com

david mcmahon said...

Hi David,

Sometimes there are great pic opportunities in fog as well - but not always!

David