Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Six Of The Best

They Get My Vote Every Time

Maybe it was nostalgia, maybe it was just my attention to detail (I’m a journalist, remember!) but a few hours ago I went back to the very first instalment of Aussiejourno’s Weekly Blog Awards. It was back on 24 February and the list then comprised only the Top Ten, as opposed to the Top 50 now. It is my very great pleasure to congratulate six bloggers who have featured on the Awards roll of honour every single week since their inception.

They are Rambling Traveler who started at No.2; The Back of my Headboard who started at No.3; Dance With the Sun who started at No.4; Bartraeke who started at No.6; Colorado Bob who started at No.7 and Allan Cook who started at No.8.

If you'd like to nominate a blog for the Weekly Awards, just leave the url here as a comment.

5 comments:

Stacy said...

Hi David,

Thank you so much for the recognition, I appreciate all your support. You've taken on quite a bit with your blog awards, and I know it means a lot to everyone.

david mcmahon said...

Hi Stacy,

It's all about support, really - and helping other bloggers. I'm sure you would do the same.

The blog awards are a bit of fun, too, but thank you for your kind gesture of appreciation.

Take care

David

phaseoutgirl said...

Aww, David, a lot of the credit goes to you too. I was about to give up when you just continued to encourage me. I think this is where your strength lies: to be there for others, to share your talent and to mentor. I am grateful for everything..

love,
Cecilia

david mcmahon said...

Dear Cecilia,

Thank you for your kindness. I'm glad my encouragement prevented you from throwing it away.

There are some of my colleagues over the past 20 years who would probably agree that I do enjoy mentoring others and sharing knowledge.

Strangely enough, around the middle of last year I was hoping to get some funding to do a mentoring program for writers and photographers in India - but there was little interest in providing start-up funding for a novel project.

Then, I started blogging and realised I had a set of skills that I could share with others who would benefit.

And that's how it all began.

You can always count on my support.

Love to you and the girls

David

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry I previously missed this entry. Thank you for your support and encouraging us all. I really enjoy the community that has come together here. I am honored to be among your favorites.