Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Lip Sinking

It Never Rains, But It Pours

Photograph copyright: DAVID McMAHON


No, it’s not some futuristic image from inside a wind tunnel. It’s just my view of the lip of the water jug that sits on our dining table. I guess it just reinforces my theory that even everyday objects can be interesting when photographed. And speaking of jugs, I thought I’d test your knowledge on Jughead, the amiable character in the `Archie’ comics. What was Jughead’s real name: a) Fortescue Pymberley Jones III; b) Jefferson Braeside Jones III; c) Abraham Lincolnshire Jones III; d) Forsythe Pendleton "Jughead" Jones III or e) Forester Pinchpenny Jones III. To see the answer, go to the comments section below – I’ve revealed it there, so that no one can peek!

9 comments:

david mcmahon said...

Hi folks,

Here's the answer: Jughead's real name is Forsythe Pendleton "Jughead" Jones III. No, I didn't know it; I had to look up the answer!

Cheers

David

phaseoutgirl said...

Hey... I was gonna say that! My kids were Archie fans, and I recall his name was Forsythe something...

thanks, David for these little things that make me smile...

Cecilia

Saadia said...

I love the picture. There is such MAGIC in every day objects...

david mcmahon said...

Hi Cecilia,

You must have been reading my blog precisely at the time I was reading yours!

I read Archie comics as a kid, but we have one BIG Archie fan in our house! By the way, Nirmal and I were huge fans of Asterix.

I'm glad it made you smile, Cecilia. That's what good friends are for.

God bless and say hello to the girls from me.

David

david mcmahon said...

Hi Girly girl,

I'm glad you liked the shot. It's always a nice challenge to get a `different' angle on a mundane object.

Thanks for dropping by and leaving a comment - hope to see you here again.

Cheers

David

Priyanka Sarkar said...

Gosh !!!u make a simple thing so beautiful.....i love ur photography!!!!ur beginning to intrigue me into it...i daresay!!

DILLY said...

MWEAH!

Dilly like!

GWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNN!

david mcmahon said...

Hi Priyanka,

Thank you for that comment. Really appreciate it.

I'm so glad I'm getting you to start thinking about photography. It is a great way to bring another dimension to your blog - and you have a good blog with some great writing.

Keep in touch and let me know what you think ....

Cheers

David

david mcmahon said...

Hi Dilly,

Thanks for dropping by and leaving a comment. You've got me intrigued now - I'll have to come and visit your site.

Cheers

David