Sunday, November 09, 2008

The Sunday Roast

You'll Never Catch This Blogger Napping


This week's interview is with Nap Warden,
who writes the blog Chronicles of a SAHM.



The first of the standard questions. Why do you blog?

I started blogging when I started being a SAHM. The babies napped all afternoon, and I felt really isolated. It was great to not feel so alone.

What's the story behind your blog name?

I found/find much of my time is spent enforcing naps to toddlers. Nap Warden just seems appropriate!

What is the best thing about being a blogger?

So many things here ... I like not feeling like I am the only SAHM out there in the land of nannies. I also like peeking into other peoples lives all over the world, and seeing how similar and different we are. Mostly, I love having a reason to think and write, and create every day!

What key advice would you give to a newbie blogger?

Stick with what you know, and publish what you enjoy. One other thing, before you click publish, ask yourself "is it kind, is it necessary, and is it true". Many times, I have wanted to blast someone on my blog because I was upset. I have always been glad I didn't:)

What is the most significant post you've ever read?

Wow, what a tough question. So many great talented bloggers out there. I can't give a specific post, but the blogger who got me started is Blonde Mom Blog. I have always thought of her as my mentor.

What is the most significant blog post you've ever written?

I think it's Trading Places.


Today's Sunday Roast with Nap Warden is the 42nd in a weekly series of interviews with bloggers from around the world.

8 comments:

Cath said...

I love this series. Another blogger to meet and I certainly can identify with the "not the only one" feeling from blogging.

i beati said...

great heaader !! Sandy

Sandi McBride said...

You know, I saw the babies and didn't even finish reading the roast before I clicked on her blog...read a couple (okay three or four) of her previous posts, then left my comment, now I'm back reading the roast...thanks David.
Sandi

Cynthia said...

Hey David...Thanks so much for including me in your Sunday Roast series!

virtualjourney said...

Refreshing read and good idea about the naps!

Shrinky said...

Another great interview, thanks David.

BlondeMomBlog (Jamie) said...

Hey...thanks so much for mentioning me Nap Warden...I'm honored! You rock.

p.s. everyone be sure to check out her fabulous blog header designs

RazorFamilyFarms.com said...

What a neat series! I came over from Fishing Guy's blog and thought this was a really neat post.

I'd never heard of the Blonde Mom Blog or The Chronicles of a SAHM until now and am excited to check them out.

Blessings!
Lacy

www.razorfamilyfarms.com