Sunday, June 17, 2007

Jemima, Puddle Dux

It’s Like The Rain Of King Henry VIII

Photograph copyright: DAVID McMAHON


Gotta love the rain we’ve been getting. And here’s a shot, just to prove that inclement weather doesn’t put a dampener (okay, so that pun was unintentional) on photography. Every good Aussie has to be ready to have a barbecue at a moment’s notice, so I drove off to swap my almost-empty gas cylinder for a full one. All the local service stations have swap-and-go programmes, so you just rock up, give them your old bottle and pay for a full one and you’re away in a minute or so. The red, white and blue signage at this ``Switcheroo’’ station looked so incongruous reflected in the puddles on the concrete concourse, that I just had to get the camera out. There was one other element too - with the clear blue sky, it was like looking at an image concealed in an ice cube.

6 comments:

Bart said...

A propane grill? Come on...I know they're quicker, but ya gotta use charcoal! :)

Movie Mazaa said...

Great pic, david. it has been raining cats and dogs here too!!
:)

have u been to Kerala, by the way?

FHB said...

Beutiful, and yep, raining like crazy here too. And we have the same sort of thing here, with propane tanks.

david mcmahon said...

Hi Bart-Man,

I actually prefer to use heat beads, which I think are charcoal based. They provide great slow-cooked meat.

Cheers

David

david mcmahon said...

Hi Velu,

Thanks, I'm glad you liked the pic - I guess that's why I always carry a camera with me.

Yes, I've been to Kerala. Paradise on earth. Would love to come back there, and chornicle the state with my camera.

One day ...

Cheers

David

david mcmahon said...

Hi FHB,

Have been following your weekend chronicles, as you'll see from the comment on your lively blog!

Next time you want a hand with digging, just holler - I love that sort of stuff.

Cheers

David