Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Goldilocks And The Three Beers

Last Swill And Testament

Okay, here’s a confession. I enjoy statistics. So a colleague of mine sent me an email yesterday with some interesting data. ``Based on a recent study,’’ said the email, ``it is thought that the average Australian walks about 900 miles a year. Another study found that Australians drink an average of 22 gallons of beer a year. That means, on average, Australians get about 41 miles per gallon."

But I’m not a huge drinker. Maybe two or three beers a year. So who’s drinking my share?

7 comments:

fuzzbert_1999@yahoo.com said...

I'm drinking it here...don't know how they get it here though.

Tell, is Foster's really the favorite down under?

B.T.Bear (esq.) said...

D'oh!

I was all excited for a second there, but then I realised it said beErs.

:@o

Deborah Gamble said...

Maybe I should drive an Australian, becuase at 41 miles to the gallon, that is much better mileage than I currently get! Do you think they'd accept my Yukon (with berry stained carpet) as a trade in?

david mcmahon said...

Hi Mushy,

Did a straw poll among colleagues and friends and they said to tell ya that I'm the only Aussie who actually drinks Foster's.

They reckon the most popular beer in the country is Victoria Bitter (or VB as we call it). Great beer and a sensational ad jingle.

Cheers

David

david mcmahon said...

Hi BTBear,

Yes, I figured it might get your attention.

Lucky it wasn't De Beers!

Cheers

David

david mcmahon said...

Hi Deborah,

That is brilliant. Why don't you write a blogpost about it. That is extremely funny and I wish I'd thought of it first.

Yes, we'll accept the Yukon (berry crpet adds value here) so all you have to do is pick an Aussie to drive!

Cheers

David

Deborah Gamble said...

Maybe I will write a blog about that! Thanks for the inspiration.