Saturday, June 16, 2007

Free For All

Got Writer's Block? Here's A Fix

This week's been unusual because I've had probably a dozen messages from fellow bloggers, saying they haven't been posting as often as they'd like to. They say they haven't had time - or they've simply had writer's block. So it got me thinking about something that's been at the back of my mind for a while. I'd like to thrown open a Free Blogger Syndicate. If you'd like to reproduce one (or more) of my posts on a day when your own Muse has gone AWOL, go for it.

It's free. That's right, gratis, no charge, compliments of the management at Authorblog. Anyone who has been on Aussiejourno's Weekly Blog Awards can re-print a post without asking my permission. Similarly, anyone on my blogroll can re-print with asking me first. And if you haven't been on the Blog Awards or you're not on my blogroll, just leave me a comment with your url, tell me which post you want to use, and I'll get straight back to you. All I ask in return is a line saying ``Reprinted from David McMahon's blog'' with an embedded link.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

David - thanks for the offer - that is really tops of you, especially considering some of the obvious research you do for your trivia and news.

I hope people use your power for good and not evil (*swirl cape dramatically*)

:D

david mcmahon said...

Hi Steph,

Thanks for being the first person to comment on that post.

It'd be great to see people actually make use of the offer - we'll wait and see who rocks up first to re-print a post.

I honestly think it'll be a handy fallback position for someone who wants to post but doesn't have the time.

``Power?'' That's very funny!

And hey, be careful of ya cape, Suzette!!

Cheers

David

Anonymous said...

David,

Power was a deliberate choice - the power to write is a unique one, and our choice of words gives us power in many situations.

Lack of content is often the reason that a number of writers will come together to blog about a common topic - this not only keeps the site vibrant, but gives each writer the opportunity to develop depth in their writing and ensure quality rather than quantity - both of which readers want from their favourite writers (blogs, books, I find the medium doesn't matter).

Just another 2 cents.

S.

B.T.Bear (esq.) said...

WOW wat a great idea!

If I miss a day it's usually cos Mummy doesn't feel like logging on. Once I'm there, I just type whatever's on my furry mind.

But sometimes it's a bit daunting.

Thanks! It will help to know that I can fall back on you like this.

Wa-heyyy!!!!!!

Maybe I should tell people they can reprint my posts too. What do you reckon?

Their regular readers might need a translation.

Ha!

:@}

Deborah Gamble said...

Very cool idea - I may have to take you up on this offer. Especially becuase my summer schedule is not condusive to blogging, as you may have noticed.

david mcmahon said...

Hi Steph,

That's a truly wonderful perspective. Thank you for putting it so succinctly.

If you ever feel the need, I'd be honoured if you chose to use some of my work.

Thanks again for that thought and for putting it so neatly.

Cheers

David

david mcmahon said...

Hi BTBear,

You are most welcome, If the Muse has ever deserted you (not that I can imagine that happening) feel free to use stuff from here.

And yes, of course offer your own stuff as well. If we have any more bloggers who ar willing to do so, we could form an e-library where other bloggers could use our content.

Cheers

David

david mcmahon said...

Hi Debbie,

Yes, I know what a summer schedule is like, a very happy, fulfilling, BUSY time.

So if you get home at the end of a long day and you just don;t have the energy to post on your blog, feel free to take anything you want from here, including photographs and headlines.

Cheers

David

Deborah Gamble said...

Took you up on your offer for today's post. Posted in between a meeting with the CPA this morning and now I'm off to drive the boys to their lawn mowing job. Thanks!