Monday, June 18, 2007

H€adlines & D€adlines

We’re A Bit Rusty When It Comes To History

Pointing out stories you may have missed: Since the story of the 1957 Plymouth Belvedere was flagged a few months ago, my attention was arrested immediately. I think it’s been a memorable weekend and I’m not fussed about the fact that Miss Belvedere was not exactly in pristine condition when dug out of the concrete vault. I don’t care that the car wouldn’t crank; I’m fascinated instead that chrome was still visible around the doors and front fender, and that workers were able to put air in the tyres. I got a shiver down my spine when I saw that the American flag was unfolded to reveal that it was in pristine condition. Now I just want to see whose estimate, 50 years ago, came closest to guessing Tulsa’s population in 2007. The best comment came from Pittsburgh car enthusiast Dave Stragand, who said, ``It's our King Tut's tomb. It's like a fairy tale."

News source: Napa Valley Register.

3 comments:

Deborah Gamble said...

I was betting you would mention this news story. Not something you hear about everyday.

david mcmahon said...

Hi, mate,

Thanks for the link. Will check it out.

I normally visit autoblog every day as well, but haven't had time today - I guess they'll have the story too.

Thanks for leaving the link

Cheers

David

david mcmahon said...

Hi Debbie,

You were so accurate. It's like you know exactly how my brain (well, okay) works!

Cheers

David