Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Munster’s Bawl

Card Scam Gives Herman Too Much Credit

Who will they think of next? Big Bird perhaps? It seems Herman Munster could be the latest victim of identity theft. Cyber crooks in an underground chat room have offered to sell Munster's credit card number. Of course, Herman Munster was a fictional, Frankenstein-like character from the 1960s sitcom `The Munsters’, starring Fred Gwynne. The personal data even included his television-program address, 1313 Mocking Bird Lane.

FOOTNOTE: Forget MasterCard, this is MunsterCard.

7 comments:

Bart said...

I'd rather have the card of Gomez Addams.

Alex L said...

Ha! you wonder where peoples pop culture knowledge has gone, I was born long after that show aired and I know who Herman Munster is. Its sad how all our culture is lost so quickly...

FHB said...

People are so dumb. Seriously.

david mcmahon said...

Hi Bart-Man,

The Addams clan - a big hand for Mr Raeke, please!

I'll just keep lurching on ...

Cheers

David

david mcmahon said...

Hi Pope Terry,

How nice of you to visit and leave a comment. Will return the visit shortly.

You know, I was going to leave out the bit explaining who Herman Munster is/ was - and then I thought not everyone would know.

But you're right - he is an absolute icon in pop culture.

Cheers

David

david mcmahon said...

Hi FHB,

With you on that one. Next, they'll have Oscar D. Grouch, hey?!

(With his address c/o a trashcan)

Cheers

David

Victorya said...

I love these types of stories. My cat used to get junk mail - the minute a name is found, people try to scam it. I don't know whether it becomes scary or stays amusing at this point.

But herman munster, man, I love that show :)