Friday, June 22, 2007

Phantom Menace

Plenty Of Grunt Under This Hood

Photographs copyright: DAVID McMAHON


Last week I had the privilege of photographing not one but two Rolls-Royce Phantoms at Trivett Classic Aston Martin at Southbank, here in Melbourne. After I had shot about twenty frames, I asked a staff member if it was possible to pop the hood. They readily agreed and I pored over the engine bay, revelling in the opportunity to shoot a fairly rare sight. The first shot (above) has the hood ornament, the Spirit of Ecstacy, in sharp focus, while the engine is in soft focus. For the second shot (below) I reversed the focus, concentrating on the engine and I was intrigued by the halos of reflection on the hood ornament.

4 comments:

savannah said...

what a machine! thanks for stopping by and i would be most honored to be added to your blogroll! i've added you as well and long over due on my part, as you were one of the first blogs i read!

david mcmahon said...

Hi Savannah,

It was a great afternoon, being able to photograph two Phantoms - and to be allowed to photograph under the hood as well.

Thanks so much for adding me to your blogroll - I'll add you to mine in the next 30 minutes.

I was one of the first blogs you read? I'm well and truly flattered!

Cheers

David

Lin said...

You've managed to capture the Phantom's Spirit in flight! Absolutely stunning! Perhaps I am biased towards industrial art but this, to me, is sumptuous!

david mcmahon said...

Hi Lin,

Thank you. I was pretty chuffed with these shots too, but your comment is the icing on the cake!

Cheers

David