Saturday, June 23, 2007

Vodka Slammer

How To Cement Your Reputation

A drunk Russian woman had to be pulled out of a newly-laid road in Kemerovo after she fell into a concrete mixer and then into a pool of drying asphalt. Elena Pavlovna, 43, saw her path was blocked by machinery left by workers who were taking a break from resurfacing a road. She tried to step over the machinery but she slipped and fell into a concrete mixer which had been left on and after a few minutes of being twirled around inside with the concrete mix she was "poured" out onto a pool of asphalt. As she struggled to get out of the asphalt mix she had to be pulled out by rescue workers. One of them said: "She did not shut up and kept on telling us what we should be doing. It was really annoying."

FOOTNOTE: Really a case of one for the road.

7 comments:

B.T.Bear (esq.) said...

Reminds me of "Brer Rabbit and the Tar Baby" :@}

Victorya said...

It's that last line in the article that had me chuckle. Even while being helped, giving directions.

Tarred and feathered for the new millenium. :D

david mcmahon said...

Hi BTBear,

You are so right. I remember that story so well and it is a perfect description of this tale!

Cheers

David

david mcmahon said...

Hi Victorya,

You've got it in one. Keep up the great blogging and do stay in touch.

Cheers

David

Shrink Wrapped Scream said...

AhhhhHaaaaha!! I think we all know someone like her, or it it just me? (personally, I would have been tempted to simply leave her there..)

Victorya said...

Thanks for the kind word. I'm so new, I don't even know what to ask yet, but am (slowly) making my way through the other bloggers you list. They are inspiring.

Lin said...

"... one for the road" David, you are delightfully incorrigible - and inspiring.