Friday, January 19, 2007

Arch De Triomphe

Take These Sights At Faith Value

Photograph copyright: DAVID McMAHON

This shot was taken at the Basilica of St Anne de Beaupre in Quebec City. I grew up in a religious family and my mother was a Sunday School teacher, but I had never heard of St Anne de Beaupre, the mother of the Virgin Mary and therefore the grandmother of Jesus. I spent a lot of time craning my neck in Quebec City and this view of the basilica's interior just had to be shared. Not just because of the intricate design on the arched ceiling, but also because of the contrast between the central stained-glass window and the natural light through the turret-like windows on either side. I shot this on film, using my trusty Canon EOS 3000.

4 comments:

p@tr!(k said...

the PUNdit strikes again! but always fun and interesting..great!

Anonymous said...

Very nice and interesting. Till now I hadn't really thought/heard/wondered about Jesus' maternal grandparents. - Sandip Madan

david mcmahon said...

Hi p@tr!k,
Like Elvis used to sing, ``Pun for the money, two for the show .....''
I'm so glad you think the blog is interesting.
Cheers
David

david mcmahon said...

Dear Sandip,
Nice to have the word ``interesting'' crop up in the comments on the same day. I try and have plenty of variety for everyone!
Like you, I had never thought of the subject either.
Enjoy the weekend.
Cheers
David