Saturday, January 13, 2007

Liberty, A Quality For The Fraternity

Statuesque Figure In The Laneway

Photograph copyright: DAVID McMAHON

Sometimes, even when you're in a hurry, you just have to stop and get the camera out. I was exploring Quebec City one evening when I saw this arresting right down one of the narrow streets in the vicinity of Notre Dame. Difficult light conditions, but hey, the image was too good to miss. Nice contrast of colours, too, with the green-grey of the statuette complemented by the creamy yellow rendering on the wall, the vivid red flowers and the lilac exterior of the nearby shopfront. I shot this on film, using my Canon EOS 3000. You can quibble with the exposure, but there were strong tones and shadows across every quadrant and I wanted to capture as much of the scene as possible, just to put it in the context of the surroundings.

No comments: