Saturday, January 20, 2007

Hooked On Angling

Fish Don't Care About Rain. Neither Do We

Photograph copyright: DAVID McMAHON


I like this picture because it expresses a very elemental side to human nature - on many levels. In the driving rain, a man and his son wait patiently on the pier at Gravenhurst, Ontario. It was mid-afternoon, but there was still beauty in the grey overcast and the driving rain. I could have used the long lens, but I chose not to. I wanted to capture their easy solitude on a day when most people were indoors. Maybe the man learnt his fishing skills from his father and, in turn, was passing on the key details to his own son. I'm sure the youngster appreciated the fact that his father stayed by his side when they were far wetter than anything they caught. Whether you fish or not, this picture would have to move you in some way. Does it? Leave a comment and let me know .....

No comments: