Thursday, January 11, 2007

The Mild Blue Yonder

In Ballarat, The Sky's The Limit

Photograph copyright: DAVID McMAHON

This shot was taken in historic Ballarat, the old goldfields city in my home state, Victoria. It was a fairly clear summer sky, about nine o'clock in the morning when I took this. I was at Bakery Hill, near the famous McDonald's, when I walked out into the brick laneway. I saw this gazebo and noticed some scattered, light cloud in the vicinity of one of the support posts. The delicate colours looked like a painter's mix of pastels with blue, grey and a hint of pink. With the distinctive ironwork in the foreground, it was a shot I had to take.

2 comments:

Lotus Reads said...

Lovely shot...the light is just right and it's lovely looking at the beautiful sky through the iron work lattice.

david mcmahon said...

Thanks, Lotus.
It was as if some giant skywriter had the words ``Photograph this now'' across the horizon.
David