Saturday, June 09, 2007

Think Outside The Square

It's High Time You Saw The Light

Photograph copyright: DAVID McMAHON

This is Federation Square here in Melbourne. It was built to commemorate the centenary of Federation, which took place in 1901. Melburnians call it Fed Square and it is many things to many people, a multi-faceted place of many moods and many faces. I guess it has become the centre of the city, in many ways. I love photographing it, because there are so many nuances at different times of the day, at different seasons around the calendar. This was shot around dawn, just before the sun started to climb. I wanted some colour in the sky, but I also wanted the warm autumnal colours cast across the remarkable scene.

2 comments:

B.T.Bear (esq.) said...

So Dave,
Do you live near here, or are you a 'just before dawn' lurker?

;@}

david mcmahon said...

Hi BTBear,

Good question! I work nearby, so there's plenty to photograph!

Cheers

David