Saturday, June 09, 2007

Willy Wonky

Forget Hero And Leander, It's Hero And Meander

Whatever you do - don't follow this centre line. Blundering contractors have been ordered to repaint wonky road markings that they painted in the dark. The wobbly markings on the A337 Lyndhurst to Cadnam road in New Forest, Hampshire, have caused some amusement to motorists since they appeared last week. The workers have been ordered to do the work again after the first job was done at night, using only a small mobile light to see. Chairman of nearby Lyndhurst Parish Council George Bisson said it was no wonder the lines were wonky. "Presumably they were doing it then to prevent traffic disruption but perhaps it was counter-productive." To see the wobbly line, go to Ananova.

FOOTNOTE: Sorry, I forgot the link. Thanks for the wake-up call, Bart!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

"wonky"... tee-hee, that's a word I hope to use more often.

Bart said...

I use wonky all the time, and it makes people look at me funny.

Also, David, go to where? No link.

david mcmahon said...

Hi Darlene,

A great word from my childhood. Yes, I do hope you use it more often!

Cheers

David

david mcmahon said...

Oops, Bart-Man,

Sorry about that. Bad goof-up on my part. Have fixed it and acknowledged you, Captain Hawkeye!

Cheers

David