Monday, September 03, 2007

Kung Fu Fighting

Shaolin Temple Monks Demand Apology

China’s Shaolin Temple has demanded a public apology from an Internet user who claimed a Japanese ninja beat its kung fu monks in a showdown. An open letter from the temple posted on the Internet denied the fight ever took place and called on the person who posted the claim to apologise to the temple's martial arts masters. Monks from the temple, nestled in the Songshan Mountains of central China's Henan province, said they would consider legal action if the person doesn't make a public apology.

FOOTNOTE: Pray, tell.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi David, I'm all behind in my reading. Will get caught up here over the next couple of days. I'm anxious to read all the comments about believing in ghosts which is where I left off.

Be back later. Have a great day.

robkroese said...

Don't they have better things to do?

david mcmahon said...

Hi Babzy,

Lovely to see your footprints on my beach again!

How's your son? Is he having the time of his life here in Oz?

Hope you enjoy all the ghost posts - or should I call them ``ghost writers''!

Cheers

David

david mcmahon said...

G'day Diesel,

It'd be great to see them squaring off to sort it out!

I'd pay to watch that!

Cheers

David

Keshi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Keshi said...

I hate it when so called religious bodies DEMAND apologies??? I mean wut is with that? Isnt being spiritual abt NOT DEMANDING things from others? And worse, I think an apology should come from the bottom of the heart...not just cos it was DEMANDED!

Keshi.

Shecky R. Love said...

Pfffft, Shaolin style is so last century, I once saw a ninja eat a can of coke in two bites, lets see a monk do that....

david mcmahon said...

Hi Keshi,

Spot-on. An apology isn't worth anything unless it comes from the heart.

Keep smiling

David

david mcmahon said...

Hi Shecky,

Now that's a can-do attitude!

Keep smiling

David

FHB said...

No the people you should ever want to piss off, I'm thinking.

Mrs Mac said...

Look, I've told him to apologise, ok? But sometimes you just can't get through to the bear.