Monday, August 20, 2007

Apple, Max?

It's A Theatre, So Please Don't Make A Scene

Photograph copyright: DAVID McMAHON


This is the IMAX theatre in Montreal. I shot this in late 2005, while I was on a photographic assignment for the Canadian Tourism Commission. As you know, I enjoy an unusual angle and this view worked well for me. The splashes of colour were just sufficient to make the shot work, and I particularly wanted the street light in the shot, with the beautiful reflection along the metal surface of the light pole. A good friend of mine, whose name is Max, has this shot saved to the background of the PC at work - for obvious reasons!

FOOTNOTE: Now that's deja view.

Click here: Pentax Optio, Shutter speed 1/60, F2.6, ISO speed 200.

11 comments:

Annie said...

I like the perspective and the colors in the photo. And I hope to soon see the photo you will dig up from your archives, the one you were reminded of when you saw my creek photo today.

Gina said...

I really like the vantage point, and colors. Lovely.

Les Becker said...

I'm still just steamed that you got to work for the Canadian Tourism Commission and I didn't...

Nice pic though. For a foreigner, I guess.

eric1313 said...

this was a great shot. The city can provide a person with endless material, in writing and in photography.

RUTH said...

I like the way you've shot this. Sorry to hear you're not feeling well :o( Congrats on your award!

david mcmahon said...

Hi Annie,

Thanks so much for that comment. I reckon the perspective worked really well.

Haven't forgotten my promise to you - will post that shot (and maybe one other with it) in the next 12 hours.

Keep smiling

David

david mcmahon said...

G'day FHB,

Thank you, Mister Texas. So glad you liked it - I guess it's a ``different'' shot.

Saw a car with the number plate ``FHB 696'' yesterday evening but I was driving and couldn't take the shot!

Keep smiling

David

david mcmahon said...

G'day Gina,

Thanks very much fo visiting and for taking the trouble to comment. Glad you liked the vantage point and the daubs of colour.

I was really happy with it, too.

Keep smiling

David

david mcmahon said...

Hi Les,

They only asked me because you were busy that week! You were their first choice!!

Keep smiling

David

david mcmahon said...

Hi Eric,

I loved Montreal and it was a great privilege to visit the country for the CTC.

It's something I would love to do again one day ....

Keep smiling

David

david mcmahon said...

Hi Ruth,

Thank you for your warm wishes. Feeling a bit better now, but it's been a really bad here here for winter flu.

Not complaining, though!

Keep smiling

David