Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Green Thumbs Of The World, Unite

You Have Nothing To Lose But Your Weeds

A very big thank you to Ruth, for taking the trouble to reward me with this memento. And I really do appreciate the effort you took in rendering the award in blue, rather than the original pink. I must say I don't have a problem with pink - until quite recently I used to own a great sports jumper (bought years ago in London when I was ``cool'') that was pink with grey piping. But thanks for the blue award, Ruth. I really do enjoy my garden - and most of the pleasure comes from the fact that the kids have always helped me with my projects, be they planting, pruning or even weeding.

8 comments:

david mcmahon said...

Hi whimsicalbrainpan,

Thanks for dropping by and for taking the trouble to comment.

Hope to see you here again ...

Keep smiling

David

RUTH said...

Thanks for accepting the award. I actually think guys look great in pink...especially pink shirts and bet you looked great in that jumper. I think nowadays the "pink for girls" "blue for boys" idea is slowly dying out as we all become "equal" but I believe Barbie is still a no no for boys!
Rx

david mcmahon said...

Hi Ruth,

Thank you, ma'am. Thank you kindly. I do agree that the demarcation of colours has broken down - about time, too!

Keep smiling

David

fuzzbert_1999@yahoo.com said...

Glad you got recognized again!

I may change the color of mine too! Good idea.

Victorya said...

oh no! I just got tagged with this and was going to tag you. . .

huhm, you could always use a spare, right? Plus, it'll be when I get around to doing another round of Memes.

B.T.Bear (esq.) said...

I hav a problem wiv pink.

Anonymous said...

What a great idea Ruth - I've put off handing out my pink awards to guys in case it embarrassed them - now I'm sorted!

David, I learn something each time I visit here. :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.