Thursday, August 23, 2007

Post Of The Day

It was a tough call separating the top two today, but I reckon the seductive prose of Suldog's Paperboy Part Two wins in a photo finish. However, the latest update in Mushy's continuing chronicle, Permanent Party at Keesler, is a great read on any level, be it entertainment or social commentary. I'd also like to draw your attention to Mur's The Box Part 2, which is a follow-up to his previous post. And for a quirky point of view, do take a look at Singleton's Black and Blue.
If you'd like to nominate a post, leave me a comment with the url.

11 comments:

Suldog said...

David:

Thank you very much for the high praise! I, too, am a great fan of Mushy's writing concerning his Air Force experiences, so the honor is doubly special.

AND you're a published author! My goodness.

*POP*

(That was the sound of my swelled head exploding. Sorry about the splattered brains on your page and all!)

david mcmahon said...

Suldog, mate

Great to hear from you. You;re not just a good writer, you're a modest man too.

What's not to be a fan of!

Yes, I'm a big fan of Mushy's. He is so much more than just a chronicler ....

Do keep in touch.

Keep smiling

David

Stacy said...

Great picks, David. This is my favorite feature of authorblog (other than your wonderful photos!)

Suldog said...

By the way, David, I've added you to my "links" section. If any objections, let me know.

Chuck fka: Meanie said...

Guh Day Mayt! Duzt whahntud tu day Howdee!

Deborah Gamble said...

Suldog is talented! Loved this line:

The smell of the lavender bath powder was no longer hovering; it had landed.

Perfect prose!

Berni said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Berni said...

Sorry but I had to pass it on to someone so I tagged you for the middle name meme. Check my site for details.

Your Pal, David Hoskins said...

You are my friend. :-)

fuzzbert_1999@yahoo.com said...

Ah, without you my friend (you too Sul), I'd just slip off the blogshere! thanks guys

Jenny said...

Hello - I found through a "nut job" who's been leaving negative comments on lovely blogs... but it led me here, so I'm happy. Just wanted to say beautiful pictures.