Sunday, August 12, 2007

Here's Lookin' At You, Kid

You Reckon I'm Goggle-Eyed?

Photograph copyright: DAVID McMAHON


Sometimes you see a photo opportunity where you least expect it. These goggles were on display at our local swim centre. You could say they caught my eye! So I asked permission to take this shot and then went back to the car to get my camera. And if you're wondering just how hardy we Aussies are and how we steel ourselves to swim in the dead of winter, relax. There's a simple explanation. It's an indoor centre. Mind you, there is a group of dedicated swimmers here in Melbourne who go swimming every morning in the bay, even when there's a heavy frost. Naturally enough, they call themselves The Icebergers. Me? I love the cold, but I'm not game to get into my Speedos when there's ice on the car.

3 comments:

RUTH said...

Interesting photo; very colourful and a great title as usual. Many years ago I was one of the steely characters who would swim in the sea in December (our Winter)....have come to my senses since then :o)

david mcmahon said...

Hi Ruth,

Thank you. The colours and the unusual display caught my eye. Glad you liked the title!

Hmmmm, I definitely would not go swimming in your winter either!

Keep smiling

David

My Unfinished Life said...

the pic is very colorful..i like all the diferent colors....!!!