Monday, August 13, 2007

Language Barrier

Foul-Mouthed Bird Is Cocky Too

People in Indiana are being careful about their language around an eight-year-old named Peaches who has a habit of learning and repeating the worst she hears. Peaches is a Moluccan cockatoo, and staffers at Black Pine Animal Park say she used to be a pet in a household where she picked up a vocabulary that can be as colourful as her feathers. The bird didn't miss anything when a volunteer construction worker started cussing recently, said Jessica Price, senior zookeeper at the sanctuary, about 30 miles north of Fort Wayne. "She started laughing and carrying on," Price said.

10 comments:

none said...

I read recently that Churchills bird is still alive and in a pet shop somewhere yelling " F*** the nazis!"

FHB said...

I would LOVE to have a bird that blurted out the "F" word at folks! But one of my cats would eat it. Animal cruelty folks would descend on me like locusts.

Alex L said...

Gee I love a good swear, it would be great to dress up as a pirate and just have a really filthy mouthed bird on my shoulder.

Yes I really am that immature...

Keshi said...

hehe I hv heard of such parrots before...

Keshi.

Papoosue said...

LOL!

My course starts at the end of September David (eek! it's exciting)

david mcmahon said...

Hi Hammer,

Did you know that Churchill once won a Nobel Prize for literature?

I wonder if his parrot helped him write it!

Keep smiling

David

david mcmahon said...

G'day FHB,

If you did have a bird, it would probably spout Virgil or one of the classical poets.

Don;t try and fool me that you are a coarse bloke!

Keep smiling

David

david mcmahon said...

Hi Your Eminence,

Count me in. I'm that immature!

Keep smiling

David

david mcmahon said...

Hi Keshi,

I think they all live in Pope Terry's Bendigo Vatican!

Keep smiling

David

david mcmahon said...

Hi Papoosue,

Looking forward to hearing more about the course. Sounds terrific!

Keep smiling

David