Friday, February 20, 2009

All Fired Up

Yes, He Made A Spectacle Of Himself

A short-sighted Austrian farmer set his house on fire after mistaking the fridge for the fireplace. He had left the door of the fridge open and said: "I put firelighters and wood in what I thought was the usual place, and suddenly there was smoke everywhere." He promised firefighters that he would get better spectacles.

FOOTNOTE: Alight relief.

19 comments:

Daryl said...

short sighted? the man had to be blind ... what a funny NOT mistake

Merisi said...

Oh, sparks! ;-)

Lucky me, every now and then I put my cold cup of tea in the fridge instead of the microwave. Safer than kindlings, wouldn't you agree?

skywind said...

Very interesting. Also very ironic.

http://eyesinkaleidoscope.blogspot.com/
http://fymtyh.blogspot.com/

Mona said...

OMG! That is so queer!

Hope you are doing good David! :)

Deb said...

Yikes! I think he might need more than new glasses!

Sandi McBride said...

And lay off the bourbon, perhaps? Hmmm...definitely would have run a b/a on this one lol!
Sandi

squawmama said...

I think it was a little more then a site problem... How old was this poor gentleman... YIKES

(((HUGS)))
Donna

Al Penwasser said...

How else was he supposed to make a smoked ham sandwich?

Artist Unplugged said...

Oh good grief.....

Janet said...

Sadly, that could probably happen to me in a few more years. Although the refrigerator is quite a ways from the wood stove. Hopefully that will save me from myself.

Craig Glenn said...

That is either a very funny or very sad story. I hope he fairs well.

Craig

Moannie said...

Oh dear! Poor old chap needsmore than new glasses I think.

Jazz said...

Oh c'mon! Unless his fridge in the same spot as his fireplace how could that happen?

cheshire wife said...

These things happen. One day I absent mindedly put my oven gloves on to open the fridge door.

Viewliner Ltd. said...

Congratulations for being a Blog of Note.

Darker Shade of Jay said...

I'd guess that he could've put the fire out with a fire extinguisher...but most likely he thought it was a stereo system and had it hooked up to the tv.

...hes the real life version of mr. magoo!

Shrinky said...

Coming from someone who once found her purse in the fridge, stuff happens, eh? Grin.

Mental P Mama said...

I wonder if any alcohol was involved....

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

Oh MY! :)