Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Go To Gale, Go Directly To Gale

Do Not Pass Go, Do Not Collect $200

Photograph copyright: DAVID McMAHON


I shot these frames just after 5.30 yesterday evening. It was blustery all day and the clouds were really scudding through. At dusk I noticed a few streaks of colour in the sky and because of the strong gusts, I knew the cloud display would change very quickly. Without stopping to put on anything warm, I rushed out in my shirtsleeves - and was rewarded with these shots.

Tine B, a US-based blogger commented to me last week that she loved composing photographs with trees in the frame. Yes, so do I, as you can see by these two shots and several others in older posts.

Click here (Pic#1) : Pentax K100D, Shutter speed 1/90, F4.5, ISO speed 200.

Click here (Pic#2) : Pentax K100D, Shutter speed 1/125, F5.6, ISO speed 800.

13 comments:

RUTH said...

Fabulous photos David. Such depth of colour...a great sky waits for no man (or woman) :o)

none said...

looks like damnation.

Excellent shots!

Stacy said...

Beautiful!

Colleen said...

These photos are fantastic!

skinnylittleblonde said...

Stunningly beautiful.
Lol @ Hammers' comment.
They are very surreal.

david mcmahon said...

Hi Ruth,

Thank you. Yes, it came and went in a flash. Didn't last longer than about five or six minutes. Then it was just grey sky. Amazing!

Keep smiling

David

david mcmahon said...

Thanks, Hammer,

Yup, it would have been damnation for me if I'd missed the shots!

Thanks for the praise.

Keep smiling

David

david mcmahon said...

Stacy - you're back! Wonderful to hear from you.

I'm trying to emulate the sunset pix taken by your father-in-law.

He'd love it here....

Keep smiling

David

david mcmahon said...

Hi Colleen,

Why, thank you. It was Nature that provided the display; I merely captured it.

Keep smiling

David

david mcmahon said...

Hi SLB,

Thank you. Yes, Hammer was spot-on. Leaping flames, almost, if you stretch the imagination a bit.

I went outside because there was a bit of pink and orange and I was sort of half-interested - and then this awesome display came and went so rapidly ...

Keep smiling

David

Anonymous said...

They are gorgeous. Love the colours... Siddharth

david mcmahon said...

Hi Siddharth,

I couldn't believe how quickly the colours appeared and how swiftly they disappeared.

Keep smiling

David

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.