Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Fire And Brimstone

Bride Flunks Wedding-Day Exam

A Romanian woman surprised officials when she turned up in her wedding dress to sit an exam to become a firefighter. Alina Modoran, 25, from Turnu Severin in Mehedinti county, told the exam organisers she had come directly from church. She said she did not want to change out of her dress because she was superstitious. Groom Ion Ovidiu Modoran and his best man accompanied her to the fire service headquarters. However, she and the other three candidates all failed the exam.

FOOTNOTE: Was it a veil? Or a fail?

6 comments:

none said...

At least it wasn't the physical exam.

robkroese said...

That's an odd little story.

david mcmahon said...

Hi Hammer,

I didn't think of that aspect!

Keep smiling

David

david mcmahon said...

Hi Diesel,

I just want you to know it didn't happen at my wedding!

Keep smiling

David

Gargoyle said...

Thanks! Quirky little story made me laugh.

I found this blog quite by accident and will definitely go out and look for a copy of Vegemite Vindaloo now!

Merisi said...

And there was me, imagining you in a wedding dress. With fire fighter's helmet. Painted white.
:)