Thursday, October 25, 2007

It's Raining, It's Pouring

Predictable Weather Is So Boring

Photograph copyright: DAVID McMAHON


We've had some very welcome rain today, and with it a spell of cooler weather as well. A couple of days ago it was so warm that we actually had the cooling on at home, but the temperature has dropped back down today. A few of the lawns were starting to looking a bit brown, so the rain will do us all some good. Our catchment areas were below 30 per cent some months ago, so Melburnians are always happy to see rain clouds. This shot is of an umbrella as it was left to dry, hanging from a doorknob. Unusual angle. Nice range of colours. Perfect opportunity for a photograph, don't you think?

13 comments:

Melissa said...

Glad to hear you guys got some much needed rain. We were in the same situation over our summer. I think I can only remember a total of less than 10 times it rained over the summer months.

I like the colors of the umbrella, nice angle too!

Merisi said...

Pretty colours on a rainy day. :-)

I almost got a pink umbrella last Friday when I was caught in a downpour without one. Then I went for magenta tartan.

Digital Flower Pictures said...

Well seen and captured. After no rain this summer it seems to rain here everyday.

Anonymous said...

Hi David
I'm following your lead and am taking a closure look at things through the viewfinder.

imac said...

Tis I again David.lol.
(neat little put up job there David):)

Jessica said...

Hi...I noticed that you stopped by my blog. I love your photography. I am a wanna be photographer, mostly taking pictures of my family and dogs. I'll stop by again.

duopastorale said...

Nice photo. Shame we can't redistribute somehow. We had LOADS this summer, but the autumn is turning out drier.

mrsnesbitt said...

Love the colours David.
Yes a perfect opportunity to snap away!

Congrats on finishing the novel!

Unknown said...

Much needed rain is falling and it is (finally) cooler here, too—and I’m on the other side of the world from you.

Oswegan said...

We'll trade you a little of our Oregon rain for some of that dry weather and sunshine. Deal or no deal?

~Oswegan

photowannabe said...

I love this angle shot. I wouldn't have thought to shoot it. Its the artist's eye.

none said...

We got a little much needed rain here as well.

That is one tough looking umbrella you've got there ;)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.