Saturday, July 21, 2007

Grey's Alacrity

True Depiction Of The Branch Office

I’ve had an interesting query from a Canadian reader, in regard to the photograph I posted on Polar, Bare. Rene, a former teacher (and a very popular one, according to her ex-students) at Loreto Convent in Darjeeling, asked, ``Was it monochromatic or are those the actual colours?’’

It’s a simple answer. Those are indeed the actual colours. What you see on your browser is exactly what I shot. The image has not been digitally enhanced in any way. Thank you, Rene, for asking the question. I should also have pointed out that the reason I took the shot was that while the scene of the fruit tree’s bare branches against a grey sky looked rather foreboding, it brought a promise of much colour to come.

I guess that’s a handy metaphor for life itself. And yes, I will post a follow-up shot when it bursts into flower.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you David, but I don't think that is really true. It's just that I was considered to be fair in my attitude towards my students. Hence I didn't need to rebuke them very often. They certainly didn't follow me around wherever I went, as they did the really popular teachers ;-)

You captured the actual colours in the picture so well, that it was just surreal and out of this world.