Monday, July 23, 2007

Hook, Line And Thinker

Welsh Anglers Find Greenhouse Solution

Three fishing buddies in North Wales might have cracked the problem of carbon emissions. They have developed a box that replaces a vehicle’s exhaust system, to trap the greenhouse gases blamed for global warming - including carbon dioxide and nitrous oxide - and emit mostly water vapour. The gases can be processed to create a biofuel, using genetically modified algae. Organic chemist Derek Palmer and engineers Ian Houston and John Jones have dubbed their invention ``Greenbox’’.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very welcome news, David. May I send this (with the link) to the website of our Green Party riding ?

david mcmahon said...

Hi Rene,

Certainly. I think it's a terrific story.

Cheers

David

Catmoves said...

I wonder if they could rig up a box for alphonsedamoose?

Anonymous said...

Hi David,

I've sent this link to Wayne Clements, the CEO for the Green Party of Canada in our riding, and have cc-ed you as well.

Thanks,
Rene.

Tony said...

Hi David

Have you read the original Reuters report at:

http://www.reuters.com/news/pictures/articleslideshow?articleId=USL1847347220070719&start=1


Sorry but I don’t think it’s a practical solution.

david mcmahon said...

Hi Catmoves,

Now there's an idea. I laughed aloud at that comment. I'll have to get in touch and ask them to keep Alphonse in mind!

Keep smiling

David

david mcmahon said...

Hi Rene,

That's so very kind of you. Thank you most sincerely.

Keep smiling

David

david mcmahon said...

Hi YesBut,

Yes, I saw the original report on Friday. Hats off to them for giving it a red-hot go and I really do hope they succeed.

Keep smiling

David

Anonymous said...

With your (and yesbut's )permission, David, I'd also like to send the Reuters link to Wayne.

Thanks,

david mcmahon said...

Yes, Rene, absolutely .....

Keep smiling

David