Wednesday, July 11, 2007

New Guy Faulks' Plot

Double-O Heaven, It's Another Bond Author

You can never, ever write him off. James Bond's creator, Ian Fleming, died more than 40 years ago, but the British secret agent is being ``adopted'' by a new author. When Fleming's estate announced that they had someone in mind, John le Carre and Frederick Forsyth were touted as likely contenders. But Sebastian Faulks has trumped them all. `Devil May Care', the fifteenth Bond adventure, will be published by Penguin next May to mark the centenary of original writer Ian Fleming's birth. It will be set in the Cold War with the action played out across two continents.

8 comments:

Shrink Wrapped Scream said...

Oh, I simply LOVE this author, though James Bond?? His style is far from what I'd associate with that gendre. It'll be interesting to see how it unfolds.

david mcmahon said...

Hi Carol,

I figured he'd be your type of author. He wrote `Charlotte Grey', among other works.

I'm sure he'll do Bond justice.

And how's your book going, ma'am?

Cheers

David

Shrink Wrapped Scream said...

I enjoyed Charlotte Gray, but my favourite book of his (I can't remember the darn title now) was set against the backdrop of the first world war. It was essentially a love story, but it had many other layers woven through it.. it's one of the few books that has made me cry.

Shrink Wrapped Scream said...

Oh yes, my not-a-book-yet. Sigh. I'm wading through treacle. It's at a real dark part, and it's depressing the hell out of me, but I'm approaching the brow of the hill now, and once I get over it, it'll start to be enjoyable again. I must stop putting it off, be less of a chicken, and just get on with it!

Brian in Oxford said...

Well, now that the movies outnumber the novels, I guess it *is* time for a little catching up.

How about a sequel to Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, too?

david mcmahon said...

Hi Brian,

I actually remember going to see that movie as a kid!

Maybe the big movie studios are listening to you ....

Cheers

David

david mcmahon said...

Hi Carol,

Chin up - it's never easy writing a book. But self-belief is the key.

Trust your instincts. And just keep writing. You know where to find me if it gets too difficult or if you just need to talk through a literary hurdle.

Keep smiling

Cheers

David

david mcmahon said...

Hi Carol,

I might be mixing this up, but wasn't she the `grey mouse' of the Resistance?

Cheers

David