Thursday, July 19, 2007

Daisy Crockett

Too Mellow For A Yellow Fellow

Photograph copyright: DAVID McMAHON


The sun's actually come out this afternoon, and the forecast for tomorrow is for clear skies. I took this shot to show you that even in mid-winter, with Olinda golf course blanketed in snow, we still have bright colour in our gardens. These yellow daisies flower right through the coldest months, although they're looking a bit tatty now. Soon I'll cut it back to a half-metre bare stump, and sure enough, next winter it'll be about three metres across in a huge yellow blanket.

Click here: Pentax K100D, Shutter speed 1/350, F 8.0 ISO speed 200.

7 comments:

Merisi said...

Do I understand correctly, that these are bushes that keep on flowering at near zero temperatures?
I see you put your (c) next to each image, is there any particular reason for it?

phaseoutgirl said...

My grandmother grew daisies, I used to love looking at these flowers when they were in bloom. You just brought back a memory of her! :)

By the way, I found the church! It is Christ Church Cathedral on St. Catherine's not very far from the Bay. I am still wondering from which point you took the photograph though, for you to have captured the building behind it like that! I walked past it the other day and it just stared at me in the face!

cheers!
Cecilia

fuzzbert_1999@yahoo.com said...

So subltly beautiful.

david mcmahon said...

Hi Merisi,

Yep - nothing stops them!

No particular reason for the copyright declaration!

Keep smiling

David

david mcmahon said...

Hi Cecilia,

I'm glad that brought back a special memory.

Yes, the shot was taken on Rue St Catherine. I did laugh at the notion of the Cathedral staring you back in the face!

Keep smiling

David

david mcmahon said...

Hi Mushy,

Thank you, kind sir.

Keep smiling

David

Deborah Gamble said...

Daisies are my favorite! Really.