Sunday, July 29, 2007

The Luck Of The Iris

Did Someone Say Sally Forth?

Photograph copyright: DAVID McMAHON


Remember Sally, the blue Porsche from the movie `Cars'? This full-size replica was part of the Pixar: 20 Years Of Animation exhibition at ACMI which I described below, in Lamp Post. Shucks, I don't think I've ever been so close to a movie star before! If you look closely at Sally's eyes, you'll see the reflection of Federation Square's distinctive roofline.

Click here: Pentax K100D, Shutter speed 1/60 F8, ISO speed 400.

2 comments:

Les Becker said...

For me, the line "Sally forth" always brings to mind Bruce Cameron's nasty head demon depiction in Army of Darkness. Great flick. Absolutely nothing to do with Pixar or Cars, but...

david mcmahon said...

Hi Les,

Have to check out the picture now that you've told me about it.

Keep smiling

David