Thursday, August 13, 2009

Supply And Command

You Could Say It's Just Plane Sailing

Photographs copyright: DAVID McMAHON


A couple of months ago, I drove through the Riverina to the Outback town of Temora in New South Wales, to do some hands-on research on a World War II-vintage Spitfire for a novel I’m working on at the moment, called "The Jadu Master".

I arrived there on the Friday afternoon and went straight through the town to the Temora Aviation Museum, where I spent of couple of hours in a hangar, putting the finishing touches to my research on the famous fighter plane.

The next day, while I waited for the flying display to begin, I was one of the first people to drive into the car park - which filled up very rapidly. While I waited there and wondered how long it would take for the fog to lift, I saw these two buildings to my left.

I asked permission to take these photographs - which I reckoned would be ideal for the weekly Doors theme.


For earlier posts in this series, check out
The Doors Archive.

9 comments:

Shadow said...

gotta stay friends with those bomber command people....

Tess Kincaid said...

I like the juxtaposition of the patterns and textures in this pic, David.

Daryl said...

I love answering the phone: Command Center .. especially on mornings like this one when everything seems to be conspiring against me .. and everyone seems incapable of NOT saying/doing things to make me want to ...

Rosaria Williams said...

David, thanks for the lovely mention for PTD. You are a regular ambassor, sir. My gratitude.

Robynn's Ravings said...

My son would love to be ENTERING that door this morning. And my husband is taking private pilot's lessons. That photo is filled with promise! Hey, you keep good company. Hi Willow! Hi Daryl!

Brian Miller said...

very cool. i imagine my boys would love a visit...nice play.

Rebel Mother said...

Everytime I pop by you have something different. Just noticed your doors archives!

PS Love Spitfires - love the name too.

RMxx

Leslie: said...

I remember when you posted about your sojourn there to do research about that plane. This is a great door, too!

btw, my D post is up, so be sure to visit. :D

Joanna Jenkins said...

I love that you ask permission to take the photographs. So many people don't.

I was in the Ukraine recently and learned how to ask in their language before I took people's pics.