Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Attest Of Character

We're Game For Anything

If a genie appeared and said you could be anyone you wanted, whom would you choose? One reader wanted to go back in history and meet his ancestors, one wanted to be Maria in `The Sound of Music', someone else wanted to be a smarter version of Tom in `Tom and Jerry'. This was the new game I started on Saturday and you can see the wide range of heart-warming responses at Rite of Reply.

And by the way, you can still have some fun and add to the Passing Sentence Game, `Goosey In The Sky With Diamonds', at Passing Sentence Game. We only need five sentences before the challenge reverts to me, in order to wrap up the story.

If you'd like to introduce either of these games on your own blog, you're most welcome. Just let me know by leaving a comment here.

4 comments:

Sam said...

oh! I'm game alright!! :)
nice things you come up with to invlove your readers!!
excellent host!! I wonder how your parties are?? must be popular!!

Brian in Oxford said...

David,

I would simply wish that genie turned me into the man with a million wishes!

(My all-time favorite scam on a genie! I learned this on the cartoon version of Pac-Man that used to air on Saturday mornings in my youth.)

Anonymous said...

I am so intrigued that somebody would want to be Maria in `The Sound of Music'! I spent my childhood summers in Salzburg, Austria, with my grandparents, I love the city and the mountains and hills around it, yet I am very grateful that I did not have to live through such horrible period in time as Maria had to (I am speaking of the real Maria here).

I wouldn't want to be anybody else, I am so grateful to live in this time and age. I'd love to have a magic wand, though, one that at a wave of the hand would diminish suffering in this world.

david mcmahon said...

Hi Merisi,

Yes, I actually remember reading about the real Maria's ordeal ...

Cheers

David