Thursday, July 05, 2007

The Idea Just Clicked

Acting On A Suggestion From A Reader

I've never been part of the Sydney-versus-Melbourne debate. My view is fairly simple - when a country has two world-class cities, does it matter which one is better than the other? So when Sydney-based Jiwateshwar Singh, who produces Seeds of Randomness, left a comment for me, it started me thinking. He said: ``I ve been visiting your blog, just to see if you have put up a new pic. There is a lot I could learn and wanna learn from photographers with an insight, such as you. I would like you to start a blog, dedicated to photography and the pics you take. Also if you could provide details such as the settings and equipment used, I would have a lot to learn from.''

Thank you for that comment. I don't have the time to start another blog, but I will post the technical information on every photograph I post. As you'll see, I have done this on the two previous two posts, Fourth Estate and Camera Conscious.

8 comments:

Mrs Mac said...

I've been up all night blog-surfing. Ha! But oh my, have I found a goodie!

Please can I nominate Kitchen Fire

The title comes from "The toddler's screaming, the doorbell's ringing, and the kitchen's on fire."

Nuff said.

:^)

Mansi Trivedi said...

Love your blog!

david mcmahon said...

Hi Helena,

Thank you - as you know I'm always delighted with your nominations.

Sounds like a beauty, this one.

Can I ask you a quick question - you nominated another blog during the week. I think I might have noted the url, but could you let me have it once again, just in case.

Sorry for the trouble!

Say a big hello to Bob for me.

Cheers

David

david mcmahon said...

Hi Manasi,

Thanks for visiting and taking the trouble to comment. I do have a bit of fun with this blog, so it's always nice to hear that people have fun reading it.

Hope to see you back here soon.

Cheers

David

Anonymous said...

David,

Hi - I am a big fan of automating a lot of tasks. I take pleasure in details, but sometimes it can be tiresome digging them out and presenting them, which can reduce the pleasure I take from blogging.

The details that you highlight in this post are automatically presented in Flickr, when I upload my photos.

If you look at this link, you will see the details associated with a recent photo taken on my blog. This would give a lot of the technical information that occurred when you took the photo, and is taken from the picture file automatically when you upload to Flickr.

Just a thought, and thanks for sharing your shots with us.

david mcmahon said...

Hi OzLady,

Great perspective, thanks for sharing that. Checked out the link, too.

Okay, my priority after I finish this novel is to put my shots on Flickr.

Might have to look to you for some help then ....

Cheers

David

bEAST said...

Thanks David! for taking my suggestion into consideration. Regarding the new blog for pics, I just hope that one fine day you do get the time to do it! Cheers!

david mcmahon said...

G'day Beast,

I thought it was a great suggestion. Hopefully, other amateur photographers will find it useful too.

But it was equally important that I tell readers it was your idea and not mine!

Cheers

David