Monday, March 10, 2008

Night At The Movieszzzzzzzzzzzz

Kiwi Bloke Makes Snoozepaper Headlines

A "chick flick'' movie proved so boring for a New Zealand man that he fell sleep in a cinema - and his wife was so annoyed she left him there. But when he hadn't arrived home by 3am, she panicked, returned to the Hoyts cinema in Christchurch, and called him on his cell phone. When the man woke up and tried to find an exit, he triggered a motion alarm in the cinema and police were needed to unite the highly embarrassed couple. (And the movie was "PS I Love You".)

FOOTNOTE: Motion alarm? Maybe he needed an emotion alarm.

9 comments:

Travis Cody said...

This brings up so many questions...like are the seats in New Zealand movie theaters that much more comfortable than the ones in the US?

Thanks for cruising by my place!

Sandee said...

Bwahahahahahaha. Now this is rich. Why would any woman expect a man to watch a chick flick? They generally fall asleep. Heck, I even fall asleep. Poor guy. Shame on her. Just saying. Have a great day. :)

Cath said...

LOL! So funny and I love your footnote...

Mima said...

I think it is fair enough to expect your guy to go to a chick flick every now and then, its fair swaps for the action/horror ones. Or I guess that you just leave him to it with those!!

Leslie: said...

At least he tried. Couldn't she have given him a poke or a shake when it was time to leave?

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

That gave me such a giggle!

fineartist said...

Came over from Lz's blog, hope you don't mind my crashing.

I have a friend whose husband is always falling asleep, much to her dismay.

We were all at a drive in one night, an American thing where people sit in their cars, or around their cars in lawn chairs or on blankets, and watch a movie under the stars on a huge screen...when sleepy fell asleep. When the movie was over his wife and kids drove off and left him asleep in his reclining lawn chair. He was there until we left a half hour later, oblivious, we took him home since my ex husband felt sorry for him. Oh I sort of felt sorry for him too.

Mom Knows Everything said...

I might be tempted to do the same. LOL

Anonymous said...

They don't check the place before they lock up? Just about every male in my family falls asleep in the theater. We could get rid of them al ... Where did you say this is?