Friday, March 28, 2008

Pier Pressure

An Appetite For Art

H'es ready to face the music. Former British radio DJ Mike Read, 57, has turned artist - creating a $9,000 picture of Brighton's West Pier - out of liquorice. Titled "Choc Art", it contains more than 20 pictures made of sweets including the liquorice pier and a Brighton rock concert made from - naturally enough - Brighton rock. He has also incorporated his love of music with versions of famous album covers such as The Beatles' "Sergeant Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band" and "Abbey Road".

All things Brighton beautiful, all features great and small.

6 comments:

Jillie Bean (AKA Bubba's Sis) said...

What a sweet thing for him to do!

the mother of this lot said...

Fantastic footnote again! And Mike Read used to be a lot more older than me than he seems to be now! 57 my eye!

Cheltenhamdailyphoto said...

Hmm. I haven't seen it but it sounds a bit cringey to me. I've had a drink with him years ago at the tennis club! Name dropper, i know... blush.

Anonymous said...

What a tasteful posting ....

Cath said...

Oh that footnote is perfect!

You really are wasted in journalism you know! (Not suggesting a poor journalist....:-/) You could have made zillions writing comedy one liners!

I used to love Mike Read on Radio 1 as a teenager. It was Mike in the morning before school, and Steve Wright in the afternoon (now avidly listened to on radio 2 instead - where the oldies go!)

Maggie May said...

Brilliant footnote. I think I agree with crazycath! You could write comedy!