Sunday, April 29, 2007

Brothers In Arms

Siblings Find A Unique Use For Blogging

Once upon a time there were four brothers who decided it was time to start recording their family history - and all the funny stories as well. How best to do this? They all live in different cities and there was no real way for them to build a computer-based, shared-resource document that would be accessible to all of them.

So I suggested they start a blog. Once that was done, they just needed to have common access to the blog, thus allowing them to archive pictures, documents and quirky stories. The project is in its early days, but it seems to have a rather distinctive tone. If you have time, do visit Clan McMahon and let the brothers know what you think.

4 comments:

Shrink Wrapped Scream said...

So many turn to their childhood to lay blame for their inadequicies (and yes, I know I can't spell for toffee, but you get my drift). Your mother was, and is, a shining beacon of light, love, and the goodness of the human spirit. Little wonder you turned out so well!

This is a wonderful endeavour, you and your siblings are beginning. I look forward to joining you all on your journey..

david mcmahon said...

Hi Carol,

Thank you for the beautiful sentiment. At Mum's funeral, I was one ofmany family members to deliver a eulogy - and you've been peeking at my speech.

Precisely what I said. I said she'd been served all those years that would have perfectly justified an adulthood spent entirely in therapy.

Instead, she spread more love and comfort among children of two generations than anyone I know.

Thanks for your kind words. We are simply Mum's messangers.

Bless ya

David

Deborah Gamble said...

David,
What a terrific blog idea! I enjoyed taking a peek. Maybe even an idea worth copying.

david mcmahon said...

Hi Deborah,

Actually I was going to suggest it to you. I've enjoyed the banter between you and your siblings in your Comments section.

It's a great way to do it.

Let me know if you have specific questions.

Cheers

David