Friday, April 20, 2007

Storker? You Think I'm A Storker?

I Can Walk Da Walk An' Talk Da Stork

Photograph copyright: SIDDHARTH KHANDELWAL


This is another shot from a series sent to me by Siddharth Khandelwal. In his own words: ``This was taken at a bird sanctuary called Ranganatittu which is on the way to Mysore from Bangalore. As we were being taken on the small boat around the lake I saw these two storks just crossing each other and standing there. A request to the boatman ensured that he got us in position - to have them right in front of us, forming a cross. Thankfully, they stayed there long enough for me to take one snap after which one of them flew off. Just one of the really pretty scenes that you get to see at a bird sanctuary with such a wide variety of birds.''

You can see another blogpost with shots from this series at Wait For Your Tern. And to view a complete catalogue of this talented young photographer's work, go to Flickr.

10 comments:

Jenera said...

Thanks for input on my blog. I completely see what you mean about putting captions and what not. I've been tossing that around in my head, I just couldn't decide if it would be good. I'm definitely going to try that out though and see how that works. Thanks for the advice.

david mcmahon said...

Hi Jenera,

No worries at all. I'm sure you'll enjoy doing it - and it will just complete the circle of interaction between you and your readers.

By the way, I also enjoyed Andrew's blog, too. Have left a couple of comments for him.

Keep smiling

David

Jenera said...

I just went through and made a few changes and it definitely feels a lot better. It puts many of the photos in context-like some of the ones I took in the car while driving without aiming, lol. To me they all made sense but now they make sense to everyone else as well.

Thanks so much!

david mcmahon said...

Yup, that's what it's all about. Sounds good, Jenera.

Great work

David

HB said...

Cool.

I've been wanting to get into photography for a while now. As a person living in Africa, one would think it to be of automatic interest.

Been watching any of the cricket?

david mcmahon said...

Hi HB,

Nice to hear you're leaning towards photography. Living in that part of the world, you have an amazing canvas just waiting to be captured on film.

Let me know when you start working with your camera. I'd love to see the results.

Yes, I've been following the cricket. I actually used to be a cricket and tennis writer!

Do you have a blog? If so, do leave the url here.

If you don't have a blog, then start one when you have some spare time - and post some of your photographic experiments there.

Cheers

David

HB said...

Need to get a camera first. Saving up for a Nikon D80. Any photos I have now are from my phone cam.

I do have a blog, but it's not everyone's cup of tea and probably should be avoided at all cost by people with a demeanor as, well, as pleasant as yours.

Also the poor grammar, syntax and spelling will probably kill you.

david mcmahon said...

Hi HB,

A very good friend of mine has that Nikon and says it is brlliant.

Actually, I have some pictures taken on my phone cam. Must put a couple on my blog. Thanks for jogging my memory.

Take care. Hope to see you back on this site soon.

Have a good weekend and stay glued to the cricket!

Cheers

David

B.T.Bear (esq.) said...

We went to a bird sanctuary the other day and saw a bittern. These are very rare, but not as rare as the 4 legged, two headed bird in your photo. WOW!

david mcmahon said...

Hi BTBear,

Ah, but was it bittern twisted?!!

Sorry, I couldn't resist that pun!

David