Friday, April 27, 2007

Eyes Wide Shut

The Whole Kitten Caboodle

Photograph copyright: GAUTHAM MANOHAR


Maybe I should have used the headline `Mortar Bored' for this post. The photograph was sent to me by India-based Gautham Manohar, whose work was featured here last week. ``I was backing my car out of my car park,'' he told me, ``when I noticed this little guy lying on the opposite wall. He was looking extremely alert at the time, glaring at me continuously. With thoughts of taking the proverbial cat on the wall shot, I rushed upstairs to my apartment to get my camera.

``When I got back, I realised that what I had mistaken for a hostile glare was actually his struggle to keep his eyes open. He was now virtually asleep. He did make a feeble attempt at opening them once he saw the intrusion into his private space, but it was a lost cause, and he drifted off again, and I had the shot of the puuuurfect nap. I like the shot because it conveys a sense of bliss and content, a world where Tom has never met Jerry.''

You can see more of Gautham's photography at his Flickr account.

10 comments:

Chele76 said...

meow :)

B.T.Bear (esq.) said...

Oh dear. That's it. Mum's gone all silly now..... cats do that do her...

Have you seen her drawings of them at http://sketchandcolour.blogspot.com ????

Not that she has drawn one for AGES. We keep nagging her to....

Bob :@}

Living one day at a time said...

Thanks for your words and your advice on my post. as far as my photos areconserned , I was only trying to display someof my favorite ones. I do agree with you as far as the layout is concerned, I am trying to figure out hou to go about changing it. Thanks again and please pass on my blog.

Marianne said...

Awww, what a cute moggie! I'm a sucker for a cute cat face. Sigh. Being allergic, I don't have one of my own - but borrow them at friend's houses. ;-)

Marianne

Papoosue said...

Hi there. Hope I'm leaving this message in the right place. Just wanted some advice on seeing tools on my blog. I have got rid of them on the post section but in the side section they are still there. I can still see them if I log out and view my blog. Any advice would be great. Thanks. Papoosue.

david mcmahon said...

Hi Chele76

Yep, the cat's whiskers indeed.

Nice of you to visit and comment.

David

david mcmahon said...

Hi BTBear,

The Jack Russell artwork is awesome. You never told me you had another side to this talent.

Have left a comment on your site.

Bravo!

Cheers

David

david mcmahon said...

Hi Happyinmy40s,

No worries at all. I did enjoy your blog. Visited again a couple of hours ago and left another comment.

I've linked to your blog in a post called ``Click, click''.

If you need any technical help with the blog, let me know.

Cheers

David

david mcmahon said...

Hi Marianne,

It was a great shot, wasn;t it! Wish I'd taken it.

We don't have a cat, or else you could have borrowed ours!

David

david mcmahon said...

Hi Papoosue,

Visited your blog a couple of time today and left a comment or two. The tools were not visible, so I think you're on the right track.

Let me know if you have any problems I can hekp with.

David